PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, March 31, 2008

My Mother the Mind Reader

I haven't always had a close relationship with my mother during my adult life, but the last few years we have grown very close. I won't really go into why but suffice it to say It's because I never wanted to listen to her as she was always right. I'm a very stubborn person and got this from her actually. During the last few years I have done a lot of growing up with still much more to do. Which scares the hell out of me, as at the age I am I should be grown up already. My mother still amazes me that she can see right through me, know what I am thinking and tell me exactly what I need to hear. Whether I like it or not. Oh yeah, at first I am hurt, sometimes even cry but then it sinks into my brain and I realize she's right yet again.

This time Mom hit the nail on the head. She told me this morning something that I have been thinking in my own head but so afraid to voice out loud, afraid to face what it means, scared to know I do feel this way about something and someone. Shocked at myself for me actually feeling this way and knowing this is never the person I wanted to become. I have a lot of coming to terms with my feelings to do yet. I have to face these thoughts, feelings and emotions and get over it as the song says. I have to move on and I am so unsure as to how even go about it. All I do know is my Mom was so right about me.

Mom do know us better than we know ourselves.

1 comment:

Meg said...

AMEN...oh...sweetie, I could go on and on about my mom! You posts just keep getting better and better!!!