PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, March 10, 2008

Ice Cream, Snails and Puppy dog tails

With that title I bet you thought this was going to be about nursery rhymes or kids? Wrong!! So not into nursery rhymes, or kids for that matter. At least any that aren't my own or the spawn of trucker. Does this make me a mean person? Well that's another topic not really related to today's.

Today is about "the little things" someone shows you that to me means truly they do love you.

Last night while sleeping (heck of course not while awake) I had a horrible, horrible nightmare. The kind that have you screaming, fighting and jerking in your sleep. I remember it vividly. I was in an insane asylum!! For what I don't know. However there I was in this place. Now mind you I have never set foot in one (and god knows I have no future plans of it) and honestly do not know what sort of people live in them. But in my dream they were grotesque creatures with mangled teeth, bulging eyes, sparse hair, overly large heads (sorta like the inbreds in Texas Chainsaw Massacre) and they were eating at my fingers, toes and various other body parts. I couldn't get away. I was (as said) screaming, tossing around and fighting in my sleep. Trucker man came to my rescue and woke me. He reached out his arms and engulfed me into his chest and held me. All while whispering to me to think happy thoughts. He was actually whispering in my ear "puppy dog tails, ice cream, snails, baby's laughter" and the list goes on. The sound of his voice and sweet sayings calmed my trembling, crying body back into sleep.

This is only one of the many little things my trucker does to show his love. I am also reminded with these little things just how lucky I am.

In what ways does your s/o or hubby show their love with little things?


No comments: