PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Two Posts in One


Graduation 2009


She made it through without a hitch. Unless you call getting her tassel messed up trying to change to the other side. But when she did she still had this huge smile upon her face. I was so damn proud of her and all she has accomplished since starting school. As well as just for who she is and what her beliefs are. I know I've said this dozens of times but forgive me please.

She was shocked and surprised but happy as a clam to find her father was coming that night. Along with him he brought her step sister (might as well be blood) and they sat with all of us. I wish I could have gotten a picture of how happy she was for him to have came. He had just started a new job and was unsure if he could make it. It takes him about 3 hours to get here and he also had to work the next day.

My sister did end up coming after all and for this I was extremely happy. Nothing was mentioned of Princess's choice in boyfriends. This made it so much more less stressful and just an enjoyable evening. I wish I could post that my parent's came but unfortunately they still did not attend. They sent word earlier that day that if Princess called and apologized to them for not letting them know she had a "black boyfriend, before finding out from the town" and if she told them how much she wanted them there, then they MIGHT come. Needless to say Princess feels she has nothing to apologize for and I guess they are still waiting on that call. They knew how much she wanted them there! She is her own person now and it's her choice whether to call or not. She is however calling them and thanking them for the gift they sent by my sister. They bought Princess a beautiful sterling silver charm bracelet and my sister special ordered a graduation charm for it. It was truly stunning. When she opened it she did start crying then.

We are just accepting the fact that love does come with conditions in some families and moving on.

Princess has so much ahead of her. She is still working part time, she attends a three week course this summer at college and then officially starts her RN classes in August.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Repeat, repeat, repeat and more repeat

I posted before about having a recurring dream, every six months to a year, sometime ago. This one is different. This one kept repeating over and over like a DVD finishing and starting again. If I had it once I had it at least 5 more times last night. I could even wake up, stir around in bed, tell myself I was dreaming, fall back asleep and do it all over again. Not that I minded now let me tell you. It was actually quite an enjoyable dream. The setting looked somewhat like this as far as are style of dress:




This is where we lived and what our home looked like:



We had lots and lots of these:




As well as these:



But we were so happy to be together. Very seldom was there complaining and we always had a smile on our faces. It was almost surreal. We always had food to eat though meager at times, we still had the basics. We obviously were what one would call "dirt poor" but dirt we had plenty of as in the dream we were farmers.

I've never had a dream like this one, ever. I wonder if it is somehow related to reincarnation?? No I haven't had time to read the book I won from Mental Mama yet but now I am going to start it. My mind is wondering about it, and pondering if my mind was trying to tell me something. Maybe it is the past life for myself and Trucker, or maybe it is the future?

What's your thoughts?


5 comments:

Vivian said...

Happy to see she had a great evening...and that is what it is about. Celebrating !!!

Sondre Lyn said...

Congrats to Princess! I know you must be one proud mama! And she looks beautiful in her prom dress! Love the hair!

Gail said...

Congratulations on graduation and having a life plan, Princess.

About the dream, if it recurring, it could be a past life, if you believe in that stuff. During Stresful times, sometimes these surface.

My oldest grandson, at three always talked about flying an airplane with much detail, the kind, the style, the location and reported he crashed and the plane burned. How weird is that? He would begin his story by saying, "When I was big, I..."

I will let you decide.

Linda said...

Your girl did you proud! I am so glad she is going into nursing. What a gallant profession! She is developing a lot of the traits that are needed by a caring, compassionate nurse.

As to your dream, I guess you don't need to understand it, and you can just enjoy it. At least it isn't anything gruesome.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Way to go Princess! I am so proud of you and you are going to make a wonderful nurse!
Happiness is wonderful...and you have it in your dreams too. I want that dream...I have work dreams. Jealous! Love you T.