PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, May 18, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY.....May 18, 2009

Outside my window...The yard is a bright beautiful green and freshly mowed. The sun is peeking over the tree tops and birds are singing. The tomatoes and other vegetables are turning towards the sun seeking the light and warmth.

I am thinking...Of how much I am dreading this day. I hate to stand up against my mother but for Princess I will.

I am thankful for...the sunshine which maybe is an indicator that it will not be raining for awhile.

From the learning rooms...kids say the funniest things sometimes when we just take the time to listen.

From the kitchen...the coffee is brewed and smelling wonderful.

I am wearing...a light green shortie gown with embroidered butterflies in pale colors. And my usual zebra stripped flip flops. That's shoes down south.

I am creating...new seedlings for planting.

I am going...with Princess and my mother to the dentist today. Princess is having a permanent crown put on. Thanks to the dentist a few years ago that only put on a temporary and told us it was a permanent one. After it breaking we learned it wasn't. Gotta love a doctor only in for the money.

I am reading...Nothing. Who has time to read in the summer? MM-As soon as I can I will be reading the book I won from you.

I am hoping...My mother has finally matured and changed her prejudiced ways.

I am hearing...the sounds of kittens claws and feet hitting the floor at a 100 mph. From all directions I might add considering there is 8 of them in all.

Around the house...Trucker and I worked our shiny hiney's off this weekend. Trucker (all by himself) got a wild hair to clean up and organize our laundry/storage room. He totally emptied it out, everything was placed on the carport and he steam cleaned the carpet, threw a bunch of things away and then neatly packed and organized everything before bringing it back in. I worked on the rest of the house.

One of my favorite things...Is working in the yard as a family. Enjoying the weather and sunshine and listening to everyone laugh.

A few plans for the rest of the week: work, work and more work. Graduation on Thursday night.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



Sorry everyone no prom pics yet. Princess still has the camera in her purse and hasn't given it up yet. I am hoping today after the dentist I will get the loaded onto the computer for posting tomorrow. Two posts if that's the case. Tuesday's Treasures and prom.


For more interesting Simple Woman Daybook entries just click the link and take part.

Until tomorrow, enjoy today,

3 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

I love these. And thanks for my note--you're going to enjoy it, and it's a quick read. Good luck with your mama....

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

OK you and Trucker can come help me get organized. I'll pay.

Rachel Kovaciny said...

Wow, lucky you! My hubby's even less organizationally inclined than I am -- it's amazing we can ever find anything....