PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, May 25, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY......May 25, 2009

Outside my window...The yard has many large rain puddles in it, I hear birds chirping, and can see my garden. However the hummingbird feeder I gaze upon each day remains empty of those darn birds.

I am thinking...about how after this rain for two nights that our yard needs mowing once again. So why is Trucker on the couch asleep and not at work?

I am thankful for...the fact that Trucker and I both still have jobs even if his hours have been cut.

From the learning rooms...I have learned that 8 little kittens in the house make huge messes. I woke today to the trash can being turned over in the bathroom and contents scattered all over. All the papers on my desk are now in the floor as well. Me thinks it's time they visited the great outdoors.

From the kitchen...We will be having fried pork tenderloin, biscuits and gravy for supper. I love when the pork loins go on sale.

I am wearing...One of my ugly comfy house dresses and a pair of flip flops. My house dress is stripped loudly in colors of dark navy blue, baby blue, yellow and green. It also has a little flounce at the bottom.

I am creating...pretty much nothing lately.

I am going...To Rug Rat 1's Elementary graduation tomorrow.

I am reading...Again, nothing.

I am hoping...Trucker's hours pick back up, I can get my writing assignment finished to get paid, and that very soon I get another assignment.

I am hearing...Rug Rat 2 getting into the refrigerator, Rug Rat 1 coming downstairs to forage for food, and the TV going in the background.

Around the house...Between the cats, kittens and kids it looks like a small tornado swept through.

One of my favorite things...is planting and gardening.

A few plans for the rest of the week: include running errands, attending graduation, working and cleaning. Oh what an exciting life I lead.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



For more interesting and simple daybooks visit The Simple Womans Daybook.

Keep it simple,

3 comments:

Linda said...

My life is about as exciting! My twin sister and I just got home from town. We went to visit my MIL, ate lunch at the Mexican restaurant, went to the grocery store and Wal-mart! WoW!

I am painting today, though. I have an order for 12 cards by the middle of the week. But now, it is raining, and I'm going to nap!

My hubby's loads have been cut too. I'm glad the truck is paid for!

Snooty Primadona said...

It's almost impossible to keep a clean house when there are animals and kids and adults everywhere. I tried to teach the rule about *If You Used It Put It Back* but it never did take. Thus, always the messes. But, I'd rather have the *lived-in look* than have plastic covers on the furniture, you know?

Life goes on here and I love to garden too, even though it's getting harder to spend so much time bent over...

Mental P Mama said...

I love to garden, too. And I know those kittens must be like a barrel of monkeys, but aren't they the cutest things????;)