PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Have a Laugh Wednesday


As you know there haven't been to many chances for laughter around here the last few days but we are working on it again. It's what keeps us going. Leave it to kids to make everything all right in our world again. Trucker and I can always count on one or the other of the Rug Rats to set our world right once more.

Over this past weekend we spent a lot of time outdoors since the raining finally moved on elsewhere. As well as Trucker cleaning and organizing the laundry/storage room like he did. Rug Rat 2 was his shadow for the entire weekend (as most boys are to their fathers). He kept asking Trucker over and over if they could go fishing?? If he asked once he asked about 25 times more. Each time Trucker told him he was way to busy and had to get things done around the house. "Besides" he said "we just went last weekend". Later in the day Trucker took time off from his working and fixed the fishing pole to where Rug Rat 2 could practice casting, as he isn't very good at it. He took the hook off and just put on a sinker and a wiggly worm. Rug Rat 2 spend a bit of time practicing his casting in the backyard while everyone else went about our working and usual activities. Later that evening when we all went to eat we found Rug Rat 2 in the living room with his rod and reel. He was tossing it out and playing with all the kittens by letting them chase the wiggly worm and laughing at them. When Trucker first walked in and seen Rug Rat 2 he asked him "Boy what are you doing"? and without dropping his pole or thinking twice Rug Rat 2 looked up and said "What do you think I'm doing? I'm cat fishing daddy". Upon hearing this we all burst out in laughter and practically had tears coming out our eyes. I laughed till my tummy hurt and was having muscle spasms. You should have heard the way he said it.

Rug Rat 2 got us both again on Sunday with his comical side. Trucker, myself and Rug Rat were outside Sunday evening and Trucker was taking a break from mowing the yard and sitting drinking a cool drink I had brought him out. Well once again Rug Rat 2 was being his shadow just like always. He started telling us little jokes and asking us if we had the answers for them. Little comical jokes about what does this and that have in common. We didn't answer a one right. So I thought that I would simply ask him one back that I had made up. I asked him what me and his father had in common? I was thinking along the lines of answering "kids". So once I asked Rug Rat 2 this question he didn't blink an eye and responded "You are both old". Once again we laughed so hard we cried.

So anytime you are not quite feeling right in your world or with your world just go and spend some times with your kids. Listen to them and they will make everything all right again.




Hope you enjoyed the laughs as much as I have,

6 comments:

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Wonderful, sweet post Tresia!!!
The kiddo's always have such "a way with word's" don't they?
When ours were little, you never knew what in the world would pop out of their mouth at any time.....many embarrasing stories.
I embarass them back now. I wear a halter top or something on purpose when they're around. I tell tham that little ditty about payback being hell, lol.
Take good care nice lady and.....

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Linda said...

I'm glad you got a good laugh. They say if you laugh good every day you don't need vitamins!

My trucker hubby is home today and is mowing the weeds, and I'm hoping he'll get the dirt around the sewer and flattened out. I've had a big hole in the back yard for way too long.

It is fun to tell stories about the kids, and their kids think it is funny.

Have a great weekend.

littletoesandcheerios said...

Aw, how cute & funny is that!

Gail said...

He's a keeper!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

What a great post! You just gotta love those stinky little boys!
And it is so true...kids make things right with the world!
Did I mention how handsome that kid is???

Together We Save said...

Great post. Very funny.