and Monday, Tuesday and the rest of the week. In fact that is all it has done for the last week. Rain, rain, storm and storm. My yard (at least the back) is under water for the most part. My containers full of veggies are damn near floating. Didn't do much good to punch holes in them for drainage when they are sitting in water about two inches deep. I have to say though they are growing like crazy which is a good thing. I have little baby peppers now. Plus you can smell the tomato plants which is nice.
One other nice thing is that my allergies are not as bad since it's so wet. But then again the mildew and mold will probably get me now. Another nice thing is that I haven't had to run the air now in about four days.
The Rug Rats are going stir crazy from being cooped up inside as well as us adults. Maybe I just need to have them put on their bathing suits and go for a swim. Entertain them with the cold water.
Tonight we are finally getting out of the house. Our church each year has a special dinner for the graduating seniors and their parents. Since Princess graduates this year it is her turn to be honored. We are all really looking forward to it. Plus we are hoping to find out tonight if she is getting the $750 scholarship the church provides each year.
Well I'll close with some pictures of the backyard and a video of one storm that came through the other day.
Detailed Local ForecastHow to Read This
- Today: Cloudy with showers. High 63F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
- Tonight: Showers and thundershowers likely this evening with a shower or two possible overnight. Low 53F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
- Tomorrow: Chance of a shower or two during the morning, followed by partly cloudy skies in the afternoon. High 73F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
- Tomorrow night: A few clouds. Low near 55F. Winds light and variable.
- Tuesday: Few showers. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 60s.
- Wednesday: Scattered thunderstorms possible. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the low 60s.
- Thursday: Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 60s.
I'll try and stay dry till tomorrow,