PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

State of Limbo


For the last several weeks I have been in a state of limbo around here. Wondering whether we would be able to keep our home or not. Thoughts floating through my head such as, should I start packing now or wait?, do I plant those flower bulbs and seeds?, do I really want to hang the hummingbird feeder and confuse those poor birds by taking it down later?, who am I really helping by doing deep spring cleaning anyway?, What do I care if the yard needs mowing, and it's up to our asses?, you get the idea. Now I don't have to wonder or continue in this state of limbo since the bank finally decided to renew our loan.

So today I am getting out of this house, planting those flower bulbs, hanging the hummingbird feeders, and not mowing the yard.
That's truckers job and one he enjoys. Not to mention the entire time he was over the road trucking it was my job and one I gladly passed on to him. I love doing it actually but my allergies to fresh cut grass, dirt and most things outside would have me in the bed for days afterwards. Picture me if you will planning down to the smallest detail the day I would mow. One that didn't have anything scheduled on my agenda like I ever have anything to do, taking my clothes into the bathroom before mowing because immediately following I had to shower, digging out a face mask, placing the mask on my face to shock the neighbors, covering from head to toe in clothing regardless of how damn hot and humid it was outside, taking my benadryl before mowing, and then using a push mower for the whole yard. Not a pretty site or one I ever looked forward to at all. This process always killed at least two days of my week.

Now sitting here looking out my triple size dining room window I can actually imagine, plan and see taking shape my freshly mowed yard, the hummer feeder hanging on it's iron hook, the bird feeder hanging on the Rug rats clubhouse, and the new bulbs bursting forth their gorgeous color for my viewing pleasure. I can now live again!!!







2 comments:

Snooty Primadona said...

Yay! Glad to hear you don't have that hanging over your head now. Get planting girl!

Leighanne said...

I'm sorry your family had to go through that nightmare. Now celebrate by getting out there a feeding those birds.