PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, April 4, 2008

It Hurts

Our days and months to come for my family are going to be difficult and stressful. You try to look on the bright side of things when something like this happens to you but sometimes it's really really hard to do. To be honest I have never really deep down liked this home. Oh don't get me wrong there are lots of things I do love about it. My trucker was practically raised in this home and it holds lots and lots of memories for him. I like the size of it, the old hardwood floors, the size of the yard, the location is perfect for us right across from the high school and just down from the elementary. It has though and never will be my home. It is not one in which we picked out and chose together when we got married. In fact trucker lived here for many years with his ex wife. This has been another thorn in my side with regards to this house.

So now I am trying to look on the bright side of things. Maybe it's a chance for us to start over together in something that is ours. Something that we make a new beginning for us. Even if it means renting at least it is a fresh start for the two of us. Not something that holds good and bad memories. Maybe it's God's way of preparing us for a future when my Princess is out of high school. We have talked about downsizing and possibly moving in the coming years anyway. Somewhere we both would be happy. Somewhere closer to truckers job so as not to have such a long drive to and from. Heck we have even talked of moving out of state someday.

However it still hurts to see the pain in trucker's eyes to know he has worked so hard to retain the family home. To hold on to those memories of the past.

A home is not where you live but the family that lives in it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah, that's the hard to have to move before you'd even want to. But I guess looking at it that you'll get a home the two of you pick out is a good way to look at it.