PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Springtime in Arkansas

How do I know for sure it's springtime in Arkansas? When every channel on television is reporting nothing but the weather, when the temps change from mid 50's to mid 70's in the mere blink of an eye, and when the sky looks like this. This is what I woke to this morning. So I thought it best to take my morning walk earlier than usual. Even before my coffee and Bailey's. After seeing the sky and hearing the weather reports I maybe should have drank that coffee first. They are calling for severe thunderstorms and many tornados to pop up today. Neither of which is unusual this time of year. I have to say I love a good thunderstorm but those tornados I can definitely do without. Not that I figure there are many people who actually look forward to them.





My walk was invigorating and I snapped some lovely shots of the neighborhood. I love spring, even with the bad weather.
All the flowers blooming and the birds and squirrels out. I don't know what kind of tree this is in my neighbors yard but I love it. I have always wanted one of them. So if anyone knows please pass this info on to me.

I also love this little bench in my next door neighbors yard as well as the lilac which surrounds it. The wind was blowing and I could smell it from my own yard. One time in which I loved the wind was this morning. It reminded me of my wedding not the wind. Why you ask? I had lilacs in my bouquet I love them so much. Oh memories!!! I also had the privilege of seeing a cute little squirrel in my yard. If you can't tell he was hanging on to this tree limb for dear life.

I continued on my walk at a leisurely pace. Enjoying the streets and neighbors landscapes. That is until I reached this rather peculiar yard ornament. Now I know they didn't intend for me to take a picture of it but let's get real, I couldn't help myself. It's not every day you run across this while out for your morning walk. I wonder just how long it will set there before the sanitation dept picks it up? I wonder if the garbage men will find it as funny as I did this morning? I also wondered in my own weird thinking if some kid while out walking used it? I know, I'm strange this way, you don't have to tell me.

I also wondered if anyone else ever sees sights such as this while out walking. Have you? Share with me some of the things you see while out on your walks. Try and top mine!!






2 comments:

Snooty Primadona said...

I must admit... I've never seen a toilet out in front of a house.

However, we do have a neighbor that has pink flamingos & a huge wooden Indian in his front yard. There's just no accounting for taste, huh?

Anonymous said...

A toilet? Hmmm...can't say as I've come across that! Love the spring pictures, though. :)