PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, December 27, 2008

What I've Always Known But Needed a Reminder Of



Photobucket

I've always known since the beginning that the man I married had a heart of gold. He is the most giving, kind hearted man I've ever had the privilege of meeting. He never puts himself first but always puts his family above all others. He is my love for life.

Trucker gave me the most wonderful gift anyone could ever give another. He gave me my kids. Not in the literal sense as he is a step father but a father in so many ways that count more than their own father ever has. If you remember my son had called and told me that he, my daughter in law and grand babies could not make it for the Christmas holiday. I was broken hearted and cried to hear this news. It devastated me more than anything else that had happened that week leading up to Christmas. However I tried not to let on like it to much. Especially around the family as they all had their own grief thinking Santa Claus didn't exist. Everyone except Trucker anyway. He knows me completely. Even what I am thinking inside, he just seems to know.

Christmas Eve was exciting but work dragged all day of course. Just like for anyone having to work that day time seemed in slow motion. I had no idea what was waiting for me that evening. I knew we had many gifts to wrap and it would be a wonderful night but little did I know just what a wonderful gift Trucker had waiting for me.

I walked into our house around 9:30 pm and it was quiet as a tomb. No music, no TV sounds, completely quiet. A few lights were on of course but that was it. I yelled out that I was home and then all of a sudden my grandson (who is five) came sliding across the wood floor (just like Tom Cruise out of Risky Business) and threw open his arms and yelled "surprise Nana we're here". You should have seen my face and his as we ran for one another and laughed and I cried grabbing him up for a huge hug.

Trucker had given me the best gift a mother could ever receive. Her whole family for the holiday. I was surrounded by the people I love the most in this world. It was the best Christmas I have ever had and one I will never forget.

Trucker had found out on Monday (and didn't tell me) that he would get his bonus. He contacted my son and wired them the money for a new tire, things to fix their truck and gas money to come stay. Even Princess was in on this. She had snuck the phone number to the kids out of my cell phone and programmed it into Truckers. Trucker had even called my parents to be sure to tell them to ignore me when I told them the kids weren't able to come so Mom would expect them after all for dinner. I was the only one who didn't know.

Now I understand why Trucker told me my gift was to big and bulky to wrap and put under the tree.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket




13 comments:

Snooty Primadona said...

Wow! What a Christmas you had! And, I love the pictures. You really did find the right guy, didn't you?

Gail said...

What an awesome present!
Trucker knows your heart for sure.
Happy holidays!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's one of the best Christmas stories I've heard. Sounds like you've got a great husband.

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you. You really deserve all the happiness the world has to offer. Trucker gets big kudos from me.

Enjoy your holiday time.

Marlene

Unknown said...

What a perfect Christmas, and husband. Your family is beautiful!

Happy New Year

Mental P Mama said...

Happy, happy times. Gotta love Trucker;)

Julie D said...

Oh my gosh. How do I get one of those? My ex would never have done something so selfless. You are one lucky woman...

Sondre Lyn said...

What a wonderful Christmas surprise!

I found your blog through Dreams of a Country Girl. What a bonus! I have loads of family in Pocahontas!

I really enjoyed your blog!

Big Hair Envy said...

You are one lucky lady....blessed with a man like Trucker:)

Your family is adorable, and it looks like a good time was had by ALL!! (I especially like the Baby Alive!)

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Awesome present!

Julie D said...

Happy New Year!!!!!

Hey it's Amy Benson said...

That is Sooooo Wonderful!!!
Happy New Year too! :) Hugs! xoxo

BloggessJ said...

My grandma reads your blog and sent me the link...I really like your blog, btw. Ok, your husband gets a bunch of gold stars for an AWESOME Christmas present!

Happy New Year!