PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, December 15, 2008

It's finally winter

Our weather boy, no not man as he looks as if he just graduated high school, reported last night we would have wintry mix today consisting mostly of freezing rain, sleet and a little snow. Well weather boy got it right on the nail this time. This morning I woke to below freezing temps but thank goodness no sleet or freezing rain.

So what the heck, I'll drive in to work. Now mind you I am over 30 miles from work one way and have to cross over 6 floodway bridges just to get out of my own town. Not to mention the numerous overpasses and such on the way there. Our area is far enough out it is one of the last ones to see a salt or dirt truck come this way. My car ride buddy and I headed out hoping and praying weather boy was wrong. We got through 2 1/2 hours of work before we heard the sleet and rain hitting the roof at the facility we work at. Loud enough to hear it over the customers on the phone. I finished my call, went out on break, and decided point or no point for leaving early or missing a day, I'm going home. By the time we got outside my car was one solid sheet of ice.

We got home just in time for it to hit our town. It's been sleeting all evening and as well the freezing rain. I hate this kind of weather. Give me snow any day of the week but NOT freezing rain. We'll be lucky to have electricity by morning. For now, snuggled up under blankets, enjoying TV and I'm fixing to start on the third book of the Twilight series. I've already told them if it is bad tomorrow, don't expect me there.

4 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Stay safe. Sleeting here this morning, too. Snow tonight.

Gail said...

Snuggle in 'cause I bet you're staying home today.
We had the sleet, ice and rain started hitting yesterday. Well, last night it finished us off.
I barely got my car home from work by driving thirty miles an hour and keeping all feet off all petals.
I am calling a "snow day" today.
No work for me...rather, no work that I get paid for.

Snooty Primadona said...

Atta girl! There's no point in risking your life. Not even for a job.

I hate when the black ice hits us. No one knows how to drive in it so I stay home, lol. Right now, it's just damn cold.

Asphalt Widow said...

I know what you mean.. we were supposed to get smacked by the crud too, but the major part of the storm went just south of us. We got mostly sleet and a little snow. I'd much rather have all snow and no ice.. my 4 wheel drive won't help me in ice!