PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, August 15, 2008

They Say It's Good For the Soul

"Confessions". At least that's what I have always heard anyway. So today is all about my new confession. Can you guess what it might be? Take a shot. I bet you will be surprised by it. Just remember I'm still in the marital honeymoon phase. It's only been two years after all. Although it blows my friends mind that we still feel this way about each other.

I am missing my Trucker. There I said it. Does it make me feel any better? Not really as I didn't feel any sort of instantaneous relief afterwards. No huge sigh after saying it. But I said it and that's what counts.

Since starting this training process for my new job my hours suck as far as family time and hubby time alone. They are good for me however as I am more of a night person anyway. But leaving for work at 2:30 pm and not returning home till 12:30 am doesn't give me much time at all for home or family life. Trucker and I are like two ships passing in the dark of night. Slowly sliding past the other in deep, dark murky waters and admiring the the peacefulness, serenity and grace of the other. Admiring the others lines and proportions in the cool night air but to scared to get close to each other for fear of bumping the other and causing a ship wreck of sorts.

Another words "Don't you dare wake me up during the night or the early morning hours". This often heard being muttered from either of us at one time or another during the night. So we only lay and admire the others lines, shape and movements. Waiting like he$$ for the day we both run head on into a huge iceberg!

4 comments:

Asphalt Widow said...

Those different shifts are rough. Several years ago, DH worked nights and I worked days, and we hardly saw each other. I think the only thing that got me through it was knowing it wouldn't last forever. LOL now he's gone all week! Oh well.. at least when he's home on the weekends, he's awake when we are!

QueenofPlanetHotflash said...

I know the feeling I had it often when I was married to the ex.
I hope your missing him ends soon and y'all can figure out time to be together :0)

Snooty Primadona said...

At least you know that it will get better when the training is over. I used to hate when my hubby was on the road as a petroleum landman, especially when I had 2 toddlers. It was like being a single parent. After 30 years, I wish he'd go back to it, lol.

Mental P Mama said...

Hope it all settles down soon...it's hard when there are new schedules to deal with.