PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My God It Felt Good

No, I don't mean sex, or exercise, or anything like that. It felt good to say "NO" to a particular person who has been (and probably will continue to be) a complete and utter thorn in my side (life). For two years now I have been the "built in babysitter" simply because I married Trucker and didn't work outside of home. I put my foot down at the beginning of the summer and said "this is the last time" and by golly I meant it. You can and should take me quite serious when I say something. I stick by my word and do what I say. I guess she didn't believe me. HA!

This was one of the most enjoyable moment I have had in a long, long time. Insert maniacal laughter here. It's simply amazing how that one little word can be so freeing. How much joy it can bring you to say. How good it feels to finally get to use it. And how it can piss someone off so bad. Insert more maniacal laughter again.

We should all learn to use this little word more often. It will take away so much stress in our lives.




6 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

You go girl.

Snooty Primadona said...

Yes, I must say that once you learn to form your mouth into that "NO", it can free you like a bird.

Asphalt Widow said...

You are so right! I think that's been one of my pet peeves being a SAHM.. just because I'm home does not mean I want to watch anyone else's kids!!

Good for you for saying no!

Unknown said...

This is a word I am having to learn more in my older age then when I was young AND stupid. I say, "Right on!" Take back the sanity! Love your site.

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Good for you!!!
My mother is a person who can never say NO. Well, she might say NO, but then ends up doing it anyway. Me, I decided at a very early age that NO is a good word and have never had a problem using it-LOL.
Stay strong and enjoy the freedom!!

Country Girl said...

Excellent job. I'm glad you feel so good about your decision.