PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's Only Been a Week Now

Here it is only the beginning of the second week of Princess being a Senior and already it's costing Trucker and I out the wazoo! On the third day she brought home papers all saying "give money". Well maybe not exactly saying that, but might as well.

Senior ad for yearbook: $125 for full page which naturally we chose this one.
Senior pictures before Oct. 3rd due: I haven't even made the blooming appt. yet. No telling how much dough this will cost us. Other parents have told me upwards of $1,000
College credit math test: $30
Composite pics for yearbook: $30
Spending money for school trip to water park: $150.00

This is just the beginning I guess. As I know we still have things such as: senior invitations, senior prom and senior trip.

Anyone else having made it through their child's senior year know of anything else we need to get ready for? I am about out of blood from donating for money. I guess Trucker could start giving and charging for sperm samples!






5 comments:

Holy Crappers said...

I remember my daughter's school had "senior dues", which were around $200. Including cap and gown, yearbook , senior picnic.
It did not however include prom.
Senior year is rather $$$$$$

#1

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

The meal and supplies for graduation are a pretty good chunk! Those senior pics were expensive and I had a boy that wasn't all that interested in sr. pics, I have a feeling it's more expensive for girls.

They always seem to come up with more and more things for the Sr. to pay for....we had a company come in that sold items like tassles, mugs, clothes with the year, frames for pics and diplomas etc....that cost us a little too.

Unknown said...

SAT/ACT testing costs, college application fees, college visitation road trips, graduation fees, prom expenses which were a whole issue in itself: dress, shoes, make-up, hair pieces, jewelry, purse to match dress, hair, nails (mani and pedi), pre-prom party, chipping in on limo, after prom party, another casual outfit, and breakfast for the gang the next morning: having your daughter graduate in the top 25%= priceless!!!

QueenofPlanetHotflash said...

Yep senior year is sooo expensive, wait for college though if she doesn't get a grant or scholarship.. books and tution are killers

Asphalt Widow said...

Man oh man am I dreading senior year.. I've got twin girls that are probably make us go for broke! Ugh..