PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Weddings and "The First Dance"

Weddings have changed so much over the years. From the day of long sleeved, lace from head to toe, no cleavage to the time of strapless, satin and more than your share of ta ta's hanging out. I love them all. I adore weddings. Obviously has I have had four of my own. Each one completely different than the one before. But the one thing that never changed for me at my weddings is the fact that till Trucker and I married I never had my wedding dance. Not even in private after the wedding day. And if you're thinking that's why I married Trucker, well your wrong. It was his ass the dance was a bonus.

My dance with Trucker was your typical slow dance. I loved it. Simply because he done this for me. He does not dance for any reason. Oh from time to time (if he drank anything alcoholic) we would rub belt buckles on our hardwood floors. Get your minds out of the gutter, I mean while standing up attempting our dance moves. He made it perfectly clear to me from the day we started planning our wedding that there would be no dancing from him. However over the course of time while planning our wedding, he changed his mind upon hearing I never had "My Dance". I will never forget that first dance. Except for the life of me I can't remember the damn song. All I remember is it was an Alan Jackson song. How sad is that?

Dancing your first dance together is also another huge change in weddings. No more is it the stuffy slow dance but couples are taking it to new extremes and expressing their love in so many ways. And their personalities as well. I love the new dance ideas. Sure wish I could have talked Trucker into one of them.

This one I have never seen before and laughed till I cried. Not only was it their dance together, but it ended up being a dance off between the two. Enjoy the video and think back to your own "first dance".


1 comment:

QueenofPlanetHotflash said...

Tater is getting married Aug2009 and they are going to do something similar or its going to be her Dad and her, Himself refuses to dance anything but a couple round circles across the floor.