PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, September 15, 2008

Feeling Empty and Hollow Inside



I've only had him for one year, but in that one year he became my best friend in so many ways. It's almost like he and I are kindred souls who came together after years of being alone and apart. You see we found one another and it was love at first sight for the both of us. He was mine and mine alone. He tolerated the rest of the family and neighbors, but loved no other but me. Merlin made this known in so many different ways. He came only to me for attention, he slept with me each night, he stayed with me in bed when sick. He ignored the entire family but me. Even on the nights Trucker was home and we shared a bed, Merlin would sleep between us, showing his dominance until you literally made him move. Then upon moving he swapped to the other side of my pillow, put his head next to mine, placed one paw under my head, and the other rested upon my face. He actually hugged me all night long. I could feel his whiskers gently brushing and tickling my nose. He had become a great love in my life and will always hold a huge spot there. He never ventured far from home as he is neutered and declawed. He thought he owned are driveway for naps. He literally would not move off the pavement till you got out of the car, walked over to him, and took your foot and pushed him over into the grass. He would only look up and almost smile at you for having made you do this. Yes, he is just that way.

I didn't realize when this past Friday came about and I let him outside for the day, as I have done for the past year, that that would be the last time I seen my best friend. He wasn't laying in our driveway when I got in from work that night. I left early Saturday morning and upon returning home that night Trucker asked me if I had seen him and when the last time was. Merlin never returned home Saturday or all day yesterday. We believe the neighbors who lived behind us (who moved out over the weekend) stole him from us. Our neighbor (who lives right next door) also has had one of her kittens missing since Friday as well. I spoke to the landlady who rented the house yesterday, she is trying to find them as well, they skipped out on rent. If she is able to find them she offered to see if they had a white long haired cat and then will tell us where they are. I hope and pray she finds those people and Merlin finds his way home.

10 comments:

Blogarita said...

We lost a cat this year (he died) and it was hard on all of us. At least you have hope that Merlin will be back with you. I hope you find him soon.

Mental P Mama said...

That is the saddest thing. I hope you get him back soon.

Unknown said...

I am just absolutely sick. We have a 9 month old tabby named Thomas Jefferson and I would kill for him. I can not imagine the heart ache you are going through. I feel like coming down there and helping in the search and then kicking some butt! Please keep us posted. Sending {{{hugs}}} and lots of love and support.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Oh, how sad! Hopefully you will find him.

Holy Crappers said...

OMG!! Are you kidding me? They stole your cat? What is wrong with people?

#1

Hey it's Amy Benson said...

I am soooo sorry! Hopefully you will get him back soon. I would be so sad without my doggie! Pets are a wonderful thing.

Asphalt Widow said...

Oh Treasia, I am so sorry. I really hope he turns up. I'll be thinking of you, hon.

Treasia Stepp said...

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes. Princess and I have scoured the neighborhood talking with most everyone and the last time he was seen was Friday afternoon. We have driven all over this town hoping to catch him out and about somewhere.

I prayed last night that God provide him with a loving home and for him to be treated well. Also that if he is close enough and manages to get outside to find his way home back into my life.

QueenofPlanetHotflash said...

AAWWWWw man if you need some help in kicking some ass let me know I have alot of pent up frustration I would love to take out on a thief, I sure hope he finds his way back to you

terri said...

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I hope Merlin finds his way back to you.