PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dreaming In Color

When I was a little girl oh so many years ago I liked to think I was like all the other little girls. I dreamed of what I would someday grow up to be, who I would someday marry, and where I would someday live! I had all sorts of visions, dreams and ideas of what life would be like. How many children would I have? Would I only have one, two or three? Where would I live? Next to the ocean, on another continent, in the mountains, or close to my family? Would the man who swept me off my feet be wealthy or poor? Would I dress in high fashion or denim?

One thing about my dreams was always the same. I would be married in a beautiful long red dress, carry a bouquet of red roses, and have a red feather in my hair. My lover would have a black tux with red tie and we would ride away in a white carriage with red bows on it, to a white mansion or cottage with a white picket fence around it.
Oh what dreams we dream when we are young. I did grow up to marry my lover and he wore no red tie, I wore no red dress, or carry a red bouquet and had no red feather in my hair. Even though I really really wanted to. We didn't ride away in a white horse drawn carriage covered in red bows and flowers. He did however take me to a white house with a partial white picket fence. I can't help but think someday, someday in the future when we renew our vows I will have some of those dreams come true, to go along with all the others that have already came true!



What were your dreams when you were young?

Today I am participating with Sue @ It's a Very Cherry World for Rednesday and at Faded Charm for White Wednesday. Be sure and go over and see all the other beautiful whites and reds today that everyone is sharing.


13 comments:

Kim, USA said...

Like your dream story and you've got great photos here too ^_^ Happy Valentines!

Rednesday~Red Shade

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love your dream story and I say "go for it". Life is too short so renew your vows and live your dream!
Debbie@debbie-dabble

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Girl, just keep that dream in your head and on a special Anniversary renew those vows and have it just the way you dreamed. The Dream is yours to make come true. My son and his wife had a simple wedding only them, DH and I and the Preacher. On their 5th wedding anniversary, she made her dream wedding come true and it was everything she ever wanted.
Hope you keep dreaming
Molly

SueLovesCherries said...

When I was little, I was a tomboy and wanted to be a hockey player! Boy, I'm glad I grew out of that phase! I always wanted to be an artist of some sort, and crafting has always been my favorite arena!

I like your dream of a red wedding!

★Carol★ said...

Oh, I was so hoping that you had that red wedding! I say do it when you renew your vows! And definitely share the pictures with us!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

Faded Charm said...

i loved your story and photos today. Keep dreaming, what do you have to lose?

Thanks for playing along today.

Kathleen

Anonymous said...

I always dreamed of a round house....lol...do I have a round house ...nope. But I did stay in a round cottage on vacation at the beach one time. No corners! Happy White Wednesday. ~ Lynn

Gwendolen Elaine said...

Great minds think alike! I love those ruby earrings, girl!As for your dream...go for it!Make your dream come true...

Deana said...

really great red finds! those ruby earrings are stunning. I enjoyed looking.

Julie said...

Dreams are what keep hope alive. There's always something else coming around the bend in those dreams. so keep em coming. Sometimes the dreams don't come to us. We reach out and grab them as they start to pass by ....again... and we do make them come true! :-)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Treasia, Your dream sounds so pretty, and your mosaics are great! I hope you are feeling better. laurie

Unknown said...

You know, when I was preparing for my wedding I considered wearing red shoes. I didn't do it, but now I totally wish I had! :) I love that brides today are incorporating so much more color into what they're wearing. I hope someday you can wear the red dress of your dreams!

Sharon said...

I love every thing red and I like your color my world posy. Thanks for sharing and have a good Valebtine's day