PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I Give Thanks for the Unusual

Like every year and every year before this I give thanks for all my blessings. Like family, dear friends, my work, the food upon the table, grandchildren, and all the wealth provided me and mine. Wealth can be any type of your choosing. Not necessarily money as you know, but the wealth of all things in abundance.

However this year I am giving thanks in an unusual way. I am giving thanks for those things not always thought of and maybe even possibly taken for granted. So here goes my list of unusual things.

1. I am thankful the Rug Rats mother took all the damn peanuts home to her house for the remainder of this holiday. (If you had just seen my living room floor this would be self explanatory). Picture in your head if you will "Colton's Steak House".

2. I am thankful my Trucker does housework and looks damn sexy doing it.

3. I am ever so thankful to not be able to bear more children.

4. I am thankful I have learned to say what's really on my mind.

5. I am thankful I live in the south where snow is not the main winter view.

6. I am thankful my Trucker still looks good naked.

7. I am thankful for soft candlelight when Trucker sees me naked.

8. I am thankful that there are candles. When burned they cover the smell of the litter box.

9. I am thankful for a small loss in my hearing so as not to hear the mumbles from the Rug Rats, Trucker and Princess.

10. I am thankful for air conditioners in the winter time for those power surges, hot flashes.

11. I am thankful for electric blankets for the chills following said power surges.

Last but not least:

I am thankful for my forget fullness as it reminds me I do still have a functioning mind. In all it's craziness. and

7 comments:

Julie D said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I love this list! I need to make one of my own!!!

Gail said...

Wonderful list...most of those would be on mine except the truck driver part.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Lis @ ATruckerWife said...

I love your list. :) Have a wonderful holiday!

Beth said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! =)

Mental P Mama said...

Gotta love those candles! Blessings to you;)

Asphalt Widow said...

I love your list! I can relate to a handful of those too :-)

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Snooty Primadona said...

Isn't it wonderful how we are thankful for more & more things the older we get?

Okay, maybe not.