PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, June 26, 2008

My overnight adventure


After my week with my grand babies and the ensuing meltdown from that said week Trucker and I left for his run/overnight delivery around noon on Sunday. Georgia here we come! I was pumped and ready to go. Nothing was going to keep me from getting out of the house and away from the kids for a day. I do mean nothing! Because on Saturday I woke up with the worst sinus infection and sore throat I have had in years. So I packed a big bag of Luden's cough drops, antibiotics, and Tylenol in my overnight bag.

As you can see from the picture of me I did not feel well but put on my "happy face". You can also see why I have taken to calling Trucker his new nickname of Farmer Brown.
I hate this straw hat he bought. Before we left the yard Trucker done his usual truck check and discovered a huge bolt in one of the tractor tires. Being a Sunday his boss told him to "limp" the truck along and get it patched or replaced somewhere on Monday. Gee what fun would this bring us? Trucker ended up having to air the tire up at every stop we made along the way.

Our trip took us through Mississippi, Alabama and into Georgia. I had seen every state and in fact the same interstates except for Georgia. However it is all beautiful along the way. The weather was gorgeous, the clouds looked like cotton balls and the sky was a beautiful blue on Sunday. We stopped in Talladega, AL at a truck stop next to the Talladega Speedway so that I could buy myself a new Dale Earnhardt Jr. t-shirt. Since he no longer drives and races for DEI I had to have a new shirt. No southern woman's (at least those of us into Nascar) attire is complete without one.

We arrived in Atlanta around 11 pm on Sunday night and spend the night in the truck in the yard we were making the delivery at the next morning.


Both Trucker and I crawled into our bunks and decided to turn the DVD player on and watch a movie. We didn't make it past the beginning credits. LOL. Since I was running a fever I opted for the bottom bunk so that the air vents could blow directly onto me and maybe I could sleep better. Was I wrong in this decision. At some point during the night I woke up and the air was blowing as hot as if the heater was turned on. I was literally
suffocating. Drenched in sweat from head to toe and it was worse than any hot flash I had been horribly subjected to at any time in my life. I started opening windows as fast as I possibly could and punching buttons like crazy on the air conditioner. All the while yelling for Trucker to "please wake up". He never heard me! It's a miracle I didn't manage to knock the truck into drive and roll us out of the parking lot in my hast and ransacking for cold air. I don't know what I done but it finally started blowing cold again. I lay back down and tried once more to sleep. Later I woke up freezing my patootie off but did not dare to turn the air down for fear I would make it blow hot again. Now I am laying here shivering and piling on more blankets. No way was I messing with the controls again at this point. I did reach up and steal most of Trucker's blankets from him. He never moved or even realized I was up. He was dead to the world. That man could sleep through a tornado I swear.

The next morning after getting unloaded Trucker realized that the tire that had the bolt in it was flat and completely off the rim. So we had to wait on a repairman and a new tire to show up. I waited patiently by sleeping and sucking on more cough drops. God I felt like shit! When I climbed up in the passenger seat for the day Trucker took one look at me and said (in his sweet way) "damn honey you look like death warmed over"! "I love you to dear" I replied. Leave it to my man to make me feel so good in his sweet natured loving way.

After looking so forward to this trip I couldn't be happier to return home to my own air conditioned bedroom (cave).


12 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Oh no! At least you got a little break...now get back to bed.

Blogarita said...

Hope you're feeling better now!

Anonymous said...

oh that just sucks...

Hope you are feeling better today!


#2

QueenofPlanetHotflash said...

Treasia I hope your feeling better

Anonymous said...

why is it when we look SO forward to something, that things like this happen??

Are you feeling better yet?

Jennifer S said...

Wow, what a trip! I hope you're feeling better now?

Treasia Stepp said...

Thanks everyone. I am feeling much better now thank goodness. I came home Monday evening late and slept all night and all day Tuesday. Only leaving bed long enough to forage for food and go to the bathroom. I was drained from kids and being sick.

Kacey-You are so right. It seems anytime I look so forward to something like this something ends up happening. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I hope your feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Thanks for the sweet comment on my page!! Grandma?!? Whatever you look too young to be a grandma!! I hope you are feeling better! How sad to be so sick on such a sight seeing trip!

Forsythia said...

Trucker looks adorable in his hat.

Forsythia said...

Sorry about your sinus infection. Hope you're feeling better.

Not a Granny said...

Sorry, I like the hat!!

Hope you get over that dang sinus infection. I love Atlanta, just hate driving in it at rush hour.