PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Gossip Makes the Ears Burn

As everyone here who reads my blog knows tonight is Junior/Senior Prom night. I know you're probably really sick of hearing about it, but this topic of it is sorta different.

Yesterday after Princess and all the other juniors who helped got finished with the decorating, she had her pedicure and manicure scheduled. No, I am not going to whine about the fact that I am 46 and never had one myself and here she is all of 17 and having her first. OK, I lied, I am going to whine about it. I want one, I want one. It looked delicious to have someone rub lotion and massage your feet and actually have an excuse to sit for a long time with said feet in a bucket of sudsy water, just relaxing. Oh well I can dream and whine here. Now whining done and over with and back to original topic.

Anytime I go somewhere and know I am going to be sitting for any length of time I take along whatever book I am reading for just this purpose. It's also an excellent way to listen in on the local town gossip as you appear to be reading but are actually eavesdropping you must remember to turn the pages when doing this, to hear all the news in a small town. And all southern ladies know this is THE place to hear all the gossip in the south. You know, like who has slept with who, who is behind on house payments, whose child got kicked out of school for something bad, and this sort of thing. Naw really it's not that exciting but damn close. Yesterday I learned a lot of new and interesting gossip news.

The shop was full of teenagers tanning, getting manicures/pedicures, hair cuts and colors and all sorts of teenager goings on. I am steadily reading listening, to my book. Only looking up occasionally too see the progress on Princess and oohing and awwing over it. Several teenagers come in that I know personally from and through the times they have been to our house and spent the night, rode around town with Princess and attend the same youth group at church.

One particular conversation did capture my attention. It also shocked me to hear and learn what this child is wearing tonight. Or should I say not wearing! Princess has told me how most of the girls are dressing and whether they are long formals or short. This shocking teenager is wearing a short formal to the prom. It's not shocking that she is wearing a short dress but shocking to hear her say to everyone of her teenage friends that she is not wearing any underwear, no panties, Nada, just air. In a short prom formal. What is she thinking? Well maybe I don't really wanna know what she's thinking or doing for that matter.

Princess had already told me how this girl and her date have been practicing for one particular dance and how it is sorta slutty, not my word, but Princess's. Apparently this dance has a lot of moves to where the girl backs up against the boy and bounces her behind up and down against his front side. Now with no underwear!

I must make another appointment for myself at the beauty shop on Monday so I can sit and read,
eavesdrop again to hear how this girl has been the next child kicked out of school.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes!!!

Mental P Mama said...

And her parents are......where? Now I have to start checking under my baby bird's skirt?!?! I hope it was a dream for Princess.

Meg said...

Are you kidding me? MAN...do tell the rest of the story...

Forsythia said...

What will she do for an encore?

Snooty Primadona said...

Hmmm... well, the girl with no panties might be the first one that gets pregnant, lol.

I hope Princess had the time of her life!

WORKING MOM said...

Please do fill us in on the catch up gossip on Monday. No panties?? My daughter would be in BBIIIGGG trouble with me.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy . . .

Not a Granny said...

Wow, shades of Brittney Spears...

Treasia Stepp said...

The rest of the story. Turns out she had and done her little dance but it was so dark no one really noticed it.

Princess said she had on a dress that was sorta ballooned out and then snug fitting from her waist down to just above her knees. Thankfully Princess seen no "air" that night. LOL. Not sure about anyone else naturally.

I made sure Princess had on nude underwear of course so no "air" showed from her. Plus I used sticky tape on the top of the dress . Trucker wanted to use duct tape to ensure more safety. hahah. We drew the line there however.